top of page

wines by the glass

1. Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc

A musky fusion of sweet scented fruits - nectarines, peaches and nashi pears with a dash of orange zest - intermingled with a floral perfume reminiscent of star jasmine and citrus blossom. A generous palate with citrus and cassis flavours, deliciously ripe and succulent, finishing with that classic Marlborough zing.

125ml - £7

175ml - £9

Bottle - Retail £24, Drink in £29

2.Cave de Julienas-Chaintre St Veran Cuvee

Pale yellow in colour.  Delicate on the nose, fresh with lemony fruit and hints of white flowers.  The palate is rounded with notes of citrus fruit and peach.  A little oaking adds hints of creaminess to the mix.  Clean, fresh and long on the finish.

125ml - £7.50

175ml - £10.00

Bottle - Retail £24.00, Drink in £29.00

3. Freedom of the press pinot gris

The palate is elegant: a hint of emerging honey (will develop in bottle), some mineral, balanced by a fine citrus acidity, spice and a long finish. It is a wine that is drinking well now and will keep for a year or two developing more mid palate complexity. Made in West Oxfordshire!

125ml - £8.50

175ml - £11.50

Bottle - Retail £26.50,  Drink in £31.50

4. Dye Bleeding Skin Contact Grenache Gris

Fabulous new orange/rosé wine from Wildeberg.  Amphora aged Grenache Gris, from Paarl and fermented on skins and the result is a beautiful combination of energy and attitude. The ceramic portion makes up 75% of the blend with the remaining 25% coming from used oak. The way the Grenache Gris has slowly leached it’s inherent ‘pinkness’ into this wine gave us the cue to the name - it really is the vinous equivalent of popping your new red sock in with your white wash. You might be tempted to call this a rosé but it would have them fainting overboard or choking on their Niçoise down on the French Riviera – I’m not sure it needs a ‘label’, it’s for anyone interested in fantastic winemaking and those wanting to awaken the taste buds that don’t normally see as much action!

125ml - £6.50

175ml - £8.50

Bottle - Retail £20.00,  Drink in £25.00

5.Lionel Osmin Tannat Sans Soufre

Le Roc is a medium-bodied Chateau Puybarbe vineyard selection, a blend of 88% Merlot and 12% Cabernet Sauvignon aged 12 months in oak. The generous nose opens to well-ripened fruit, a touch of vanilla bean, and a lovely, lifting vein of spice. Full-bodied, rich, and well-rounded, it promises excellent cellarability.

125ml - £6.50

175ml - £8.50

Bottle - Retail £19.50, Drink in £24.50

6.Lionel Osmin Tannat Sans Soufre

This particular wine is “sans soufre” meaning “no sulfur”. Deep ruby ​​in colour. Dense and concentrated on the nose with red plum, bramble, blackcurrant, licorice, sweet spices (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg) and oak characters such as toast and wood smoke. Full-bodied on the palate with sun-dried black fruits (blackberry), plum and firm tannin. Subtle wood smoke and cedar on the finish

125ml - £6.50

175ml - £8.50

Bottle - Retail £19.50, Drink in £24.50

7. Baglio Gibellina, Upassimento

Deep ruby-red and violet flecks. Intense nose of pomegranate and wild strawberries and hints of red berry fruits. Soft and velvety, full bodied with smooth and sweet tannins.

125ml - £5.00

175ml - £6.50

Bottle - Retail £14.50, Drink in £19.50

8. Lanzerac Pinotage

Nobody’s been bottling Pinotage longer than Lanzerac and this wine shows a wealth of experience with this proudly South African variety. Smoky-soft top notes combine with black plums and cherries, hints of polish and leather. Juicy, well-integrated tannins support a spicy, meaty core with a refreshing acidity and long smooth finish. Nothing works better with Pinotage than game and this is a great match for a peppered ostrich steak or perhaps a traditional potjie or bredie (stew).

125ml - £6

175ml - £8

Bottle - Retail £18, Drink in £23


Try a guided tasting of any four of the above wines for £10

Just ask!



125ml: £4.50

175ml: £6.00

250ml: £8.00

500ml (carafe): £15.00

750ml (carafe): £15.00

1 litre (carafe): £19.25

Feel free to bring your own marked container for takeaway wine - and enjoy 20% off!

CAbernet Merlot - South Africa

Fresh red fruit, cassis and dark fruit with an undertone of sweet spices and dark chocolate.

Dolcetto - italy

This is a fantastic value for money considering the age! Lovely savoury and spicy aromas, with a red fruited core.

Glea Frizzante - Italy

intense, complex, fine, fruity and fragrant. Perfect as an aperitif.

Vino Rosado - italy

Red berry and floral aromas. Lively on the palate with ripe strawberry and raspberry notes

Cortese - ITALy

Fresh, tropical-tinged aromas leap from the glass, and there's depth and structure underpinned by clean, crisp acidity

Verdejo - Spain

Flavors of lime, Meyer lemon, grapefruit, grass, fennel, and citrus blossom

bottom of page